Wills, estates & probates in Port Macquarie

Hannaway Lawyers Pty Ltd

Offers one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to obtain a Will, power of attorney and enduring guardian in the Port Macquarie and Mid North Coast of New South Wales.

Our experienced solicitors can assist you with:

We always recommend keeping your will up to date as it makes distributing your estate far easier on your beneficiaries in what is already a hard enough time as it is.

Whether you are in the latter stages of setting up your will or estate, or you want to talk through the early stages of the process with a solicitor, we can help. Book an initial consultation with Hannaway Lawyers Pty Ltd and we can go over your case. One of our solicitors will read through the relevant documents, understanding the properties and financial accounts you hold. They can discuss your Will and estate options, allowing you to make an informed decision about the matter.

The Family Provision Act 1982
If you expected to be a beneficiary of a Will but have been left out, or you received less than your fair share, you can make a claim against the distribution of an estate under the Family Provision Act 1982 (NSW). To file a successful claim, you must set out reasons as to why you should be considered a beneficiary of the deceased. The Family Provision Act specifies who might be “eligible” to bring a claim of this type, including a wife or former wife, husband or de-facto partner, a child or other person who was wholly or partly dependent upon the deceased person.


When a loved one passes, many people are left wondering what to do now.

If you can’t find their Will, we can assist you to try to find it with other law firms, banks, law society, probate trustee, etc.

If you do find their Will, we can help you apply to the Supreme Court of NSW for probate when you have been nominated as executor of that will.

When probate is granted, you will be authorised to distribute the deceased estate by the provisions of the Will.

Receive top-notch legal services related to property law from Hannaway Lawyers Pty Ltd. Book an appointment today!

Letters of Administration
If your loved one has passed, and they did not make a Will or if it has been lost, we can assist you with applying for letters of administration to the Supreme Court of NSW. In these circumstances, there is legislation that details how an estate may be distributed and by whom. The Supreme Court can appoint an administrator to distribute the estate under the Succession Act. We understand the delicate and sensitive nature of distributing assets after a loved one passes away. Our solicitors are not only experienced in the letter of the law, but they strive to be personable and considerate while discussing these matters with you.
Want to make an appointment?

Give us a call today to make an appointment or email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.